On 12/26/2011 2:34 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
If a low level emulate a high level, and if something does not supervene on the low level X *when doing that emulation*, it will not supervene on the higher level too. That's why once we can say yes to the doctor for a correct level, we can automatically say yes for any coarse grained level (if we can afford it).

You mean "fine grained", don't you?

Brent

If I emulate my brain at the level of quantum strings, and if my consciousness is not present in that emulation, it means the real level is lower, not higher.