On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 12:10:29PM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> But I still fail to see what you mean by swapping two consciousness.
> In this case we have that the consciousness of [Tommy and Samantha]
> supervenes (weakly) on the physical activity in the classroom (to
> change them, we have to change something physical in the classroom),
> in the same manner than the consciousness of Bruno and Russell
> supervenes on the (phsyical, here) execution of the UD. That is what
> is used in the argument.
>
> Bruno

We have two conscious states (Tommy and Samantha) that clearly
differ. They both cannot supervene on the same physical state. That is
by the definition of supervenience. Therefore they both cannot
supervene on the same classroom.

Perhaps the word swapping is misleading to you - I didn't mean
anything particularly profound by it.