>As I have remarked before, I don't think "the problem of consciousness" will
>be solved, it
>will just come to be seen as an uninteresting question.  Instead we will talk
>about how to
>design the ethics module in a robot or what internal perceptions to provide.

Well, I utterly disagree with that. The problem of consciousness is
already an 'uninteresting problem' to many people (seemingly you are
one such person), but so long as it remains unsolved it will be
interesting to some conscious beings! And the notion of programming
the internal perceptions of a robot (as opposed to mere input-output
relations) is ludicrous without a solution to the problem.