The critique was against your step of unfolding the multiverse into a
single universe by dovetailing. You then asserted that the
consciousness supervened on the dovetailer, which as we've been
through above, cannot be the case.

Of course, you may refine your argument by dovetailing just the
"generalised brain", and not its environment which contains other
"brains". But in this case, I would point out that eliminating the
environment may well render the "brain" unconsious. There is certainly
evidence from sensory depreivation experiments that this might happen.

Or at least the conscious states form a loop and the consciousness resembles
that of a rock.