On 12/29/2011 5:29 PM, John Clark wrote:

Yes, exactly like every other model of consciousness, not one has
the slightest bit of experimental evidence in its favor,
consciousness theories are all equally useless. So lets talk about
intelligence theories even though that is astronomically more
difficult.

Sounds like you agree with my prediction that when we are able to
create human-level AI, questions of consciousness will become
uninteresting.

I would say that if we are able to create human-level AI, then the question of consciousness will be solved. Yet, from the course that I have recently attended

http://ai-class.com

my impression is that AI is still at the level of modeling insects.

Evgenii

Brent "One cannot guess the real difficulties of a problem before
having solved it." --- Carl Ludwig Siegel