On 1/4/2012 10:55 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 1/3/2012 12:24 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 1/2/2012 12:24 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

Everett's MWI is based on QM which does assume a
background time and the state of the multiverse evolves
in Hilbert space. This evolution entails the evolution of
the state of different observers which are simultaneous.

Is an observer (or better many observers observing
simultaneously) is still necessary also by Everett's MWI?
What equation then describes an observer?

No. "Observer" is just shorthand for an interacting system
that "collapses" the wave function, i.e. couples the thing
observed into the quasi-classical environment. The
observation is the mathematical step of tracing over the
environmental degrees of freedom. So, within physics, there's
an equation describing observation.

Will the wave function collapse if we solve just the
Schrödiner equation?

Does this concern both, normal and MWI? If yes, then what MWI
actually solves?

In the MW interpretation there is no collapse, but there is a split
into (almost) orthogonal "worlds" or each person splits into
orthogonal "minds". These are just projections onto different
quasi-classical subspaces corresponding to different measurement
values. The projection is a mathematical, not a physical, operation.

Thanks a lot. I think I have got it now.