On Fri, Jan 6, 2012  Evgenii Rudnyi <use...@rudnyi.ru> wrote:

>>If to talk about Galileo, then it would also good to remember Feyerabend
> (for example Against method). Feyerabend has studied the way Galileo has
> made science a lot and his conclusion:
>

> "The church at the time of Galileo was much more faithful to reason than
> Galileo himself, and also took into consideration the ethical and social
> consequences of Galileo's doctrine. Its verdict against Galileo was
> rational and just, and revisionism can be legitimized solely for motives of
> political opportunism."

I believe those remarks could be summarized more concisely if he had said "
I Paul Feyerabend am an idiot". I love philosophy but hate philosophers
because very little philosophy comes from professional philosophers, it
comes from scientists and mathematicians. Every time I think I'm being too
hard on philosophers somebody mentions a person like Feyerabend and I
remember why I dislike them so much.

 John K Clark