On 1/6/2012 8:54 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 06.01.2012 17:08 John Clark said the following:
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 Evgenii Rudnyi<use...@rudnyi.ru> wrote:

This statement contradict to a normal scientific world view but it
is based on historical facts. Hence it well might be that you have
to read more about Galileo.

As for Feyerabend (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Feyerabend)

"Feyerabend became famous for his purportedly anarchistic view of
science and his rejection of the existence of universal
methodological rules.[1] He is an influential figure in the
philosophy of science, and also in the sociology of scientific
knowledge."

His book Against method has been cited more than 6000 times
according to Google Scholar

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Feyerabend

This does not mean that everybody has to agree with him but a
statement about an idiot looks exaggerated.

I'm sure Leviticus has been cited even more times.

Just run Google Scholar

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Leviticus

and you see that Leviticus looses to Feyerabend. As you have mentioned previously we should rely "on empirical evidence, not ratiocination".

Evgenii

Brent "The philosophy of science is just about as useful to
scientists as ornithology is to birds." --- Steven Weinberg