On 06.01.2012 22:28 John Clark said the following:
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi<use...@rudnyi.ru>
wrote:

This does not mean that everybody has to agree with him
[Feyerabend] but a statement about an idiot looks exaggerated.

If one can not use the word "idiot" to refer to someone who says
things like  "The church at the time of Galileo was much more
faithful to reason than Galileo " or " Its verdict against Galileo
was rational and just" then the word "idiot" should be removed from
the English language because it would never be appropriate to use
that word against anyone under any circumstances; but unfortunately
it turns out that the word can be useful a appalling number of times
in everyday life and even more often if the subject is philosophers.

It's especially ironic to hear criticism of my criticism of
Feyerabend's criticism of Galileo when Feyerabend, being a idiot,
believed that all criticisms were of equal value.

You are free to express your opinion and I am free to express mine. Don't you agree?

Otherwise in my view when we talk about history it would be good to follow historical events. I have read Against Method a long time ago but then my impression was that Feyerabend respects historical research. As usual, one can imagine different interpretations of historical events but while contrasting them I personally find the use of the word 'Idiot' inappropriate. This term is more appropriate for propaganda but not for science. If you believe that Feyerabend contradicts with historical research, it would be more meaningful instead of using propaganda to show his mistakes in history.

Evgenii

His book Against method has been cited more than 6000 times
according to Google Scholar

I don't doubt that for an instant, and I don't doubt that every one
of those 6000 scholars who spoke about Feyerabend in a positive light
wrote "philosopher" on the line on their tax return that asked about
occupation, which means that not one of them has made a contribution
to philosophy.

John K Clark