Informational laws and physical laws are, in my mind, closely related. Laws related to information seem to supercede physical law. For example, the impossibility of encoding information in fewer symbols or trying to send more over a channel in a given time period, than allowed. There is also a "conservation" of information. It is apparently industrictable. There is a minimum physical energy expenditure associate with irreversible computation. E.g. Setting a memory register from 1 to 0. Other "informational laws", prevent any compression algorithm from having any net decrease in size when considered over the set of all possible inputs. You can also do really cool things with information, such as forward error correction: a file of size 1 mb can be encoded to 1.5 mb. Then this encoded file can be split into 15 equally sized pieces. The cool part is that any 10 of these pieces (corresponding to 1 mb of information) may be used to recover the entire original file. Any less than 1 mb worth of pieces is insufficient.

Jason