On 2/17/2012 9:09 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
This does not follow from what you say above. On the contrary, if by chance or reason, we build "intelligent machine", we will have new opportunities to study consciousness and its role in mind and matter.

I don't think it would ever be nice that consciousness and first person become otiose. You could say that one day the machines will be able to do our jobs and the humans will become otiose.

And on other forums I do say that.  :-)

Brent

Forgetting person and consciousness for the right functionality is like a confusion of means and goal.