Kim, I have my doubts: Hubble's ingenious idea that the 'redshift' means
slowing down frequencies, eo ipso (???) a receding lightsource from us is
fine, just not the possible sole answer to the phenomenon. Light passing
gravitational/magnetic fields may suffer similar decay allegedly, yet the
popularity of the expanding universe with its10thousands of experiments -
all in positive sense with instruments fabricated to show such
expansion-related changes - became a more binding obsession since 1922 in
the conventional physical thinking than was the Flat Earth.
When I mentioned "other" factors possibly causing redshift to MIT prof. G.
she said one word: "HOAX" (that was in 1997 - Nashua Internt'l Symp. on
Complexity).
That was BEFORE I composed my 'narrative' how the unequal Multiverse
occurred and dissipated.  (I call it a 'narrative' - not a theory).
I don't see what effect of OUR shrinking might cause a slow-down in
frequency?
John Mikes