On 2/21/2012 11:33 AM, David Nyman wrote:
http://harpers.org/archive/2011/12/0083720

Excerpted from the above article on multiverse theories:
“The reason I went into theoretical physics,” Guth tells me, “is that I liked the idea that we could understand everything—i.e., the universe—in terms of mathematics and logic.” He gives a bitter laugh. We have been talking about the multiverse.

Perhaps he should have a word with Bruno?

David
As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual
certainty, and I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life
-- so I became a scientist.  This is like becoming an archbishop
so you can meet girls.
      -- Matt Cartmill