On Feb 23, 7:43 pm, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > It changes a little every time you use it.
>
> > There's an important difference between "it changes" and "I am going
> > to change it".
>
> Not for me.

Then you are wrong.

> > >That's how words work.
>
> > That is one side of the picture. Shared meaning is the other.
>
> That's what I'm saying, meaning is shared in between the lines. It
> doesn't rely on adhering to linguistic conventions strictly.

"between the lines" is a vague, meaningless metaphor.

Common meaning. OTOH, literallu is adhering to linguistic convention.

> > > I don't argue about what words mean.
>
> > No: you don;t pay attention to the issue and so
> > end up miscommunicating and talking past people.
>
> That happens with some people and not with others.

Who have you succeeded in explaining yourself to?

> Different ways of
> thinking use words differently. I'm never trying to talk past people,

I didn't suggest it was literal.

> > > Who doesn't say?
>
> > Me.
>
> Why though?

Because God has implications about who created the whole Shebang, and
not
just about which fallibel entity is able to lord it over even more
fallible
ones in the next layer down. "Matrix Lord" is fine though.