I'm beginning to think you have never taken a class in statistical
mechanics. There's a good online course here:

http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/sm1/lectures/lectures.html

Those particularly relevant to this thread start at

http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/sm1/lectures/node61.html

and go through the next six or seven.

I wanted to study this text to understand the relationship between the entropy and information better. However, I cannot find information in there, say I guess

"How can we obtain some information about the statistical properties of the molecules which make up air?"

you do not mean the term information in this sentence.

It seems that this is a normal course on statistical thermodynamics as I get used to where there is no notion of information in thermodynamics.

Have I missed something? How this link helps us in our discussion from your viewpoint?

Evgenii