On 2/26/2012 12:26 AM, Stephen P. King wrote:
Hi Folks,

As I was reading an interesting paper, I ran across an equally interesting quote from Richard Feynman:

‘It always bothers me that, according to the laws as we
understand them today, it takes a computing machine an infinite number of logical operations to figure out what goes on in no matter how tiny a region of spaces, and no matter how tiny a region of time. How can all that be going on in that tiny space? Why should it take an infinite amount of logic to figure out what one tiny piece of space/time is going to do?’

Bruno's idea explains this by showing that an infinite number of computations "run" though each and every event in space-time (please correct my wording!). Would Feynman be happy with this answer?

Onward!

Stephen

Adding to my question: Could we equally say that an infinite number of physical processes are running each and every instance of a computation?

Onward!

Stephen