On 26 Feb 2012, at 06:48, Stephen P. King wrote:

On 2/26/2012 12:26 AM, Stephen P. King wrote:
Hi Folks,

As I was reading an interesting paper, I ran across an equally interesting quote from Richard Feynman:

‘It always bothers me that, according to the laws as we
understand them today, it takes a computing machine an infinite number of logical operations to figure out what goes on in no matter how tiny a region of spaces, and no matter how tiny a region of time. How can all that be going on in that tiny space? Why should it take an infinite amount of logic to figure out what one tiny piece of space/time is going to do?’

Bruno's idea explains this by showing that an infinite number of computations "run" though each and every event in space-time (please correct my wording!).

You intuit well that this need rewording. You are still talking like an Aristotelian.

Let me put it is this way. There is no space, there is no time, there are no events. Only the arithmetical truth. They represent all computations, including the one which emulates the Löbian numbers' dreams. Physical reality/realities is deep relatively persistent first person realities.

So it is not infinite number of computations which run in space-time, it is space-time observations which emerges from arithmetical self- observation.

Would Feynman be happy with this answer?

Adding to my question: Could we equally say that an infinite number of physical processes are running each and every instance of a computation?

Good question, and I guess the answer is yes, especially if QM is bot computationalistic correct (= obeying S4Grz1, X1*, and Z1*) and empirically correct (= non refuted for ever (that's different from non refutable)).