On 27 Feb 2012, at 19:15, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Feb 26, 3:50 pm, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

it is space-time observations which emerges from arithmetical self-
observation.

Why would they though? I can have a dream in which I observe myself
participating in a space-time world, but it is not consistent with
physics.

Then, if you are lucid enough, you can deduce that eiher comp is false, or you are in a simulation, and this you can test or awake from.

Things appear and disappear without formally appearing or
disappearing. You can crawl under a bed and find the gardens at
Versailles. The bed may or may not be gone at this point but it is
clear from the sense of the dream that it doesn't matter. Nothing is
reliable or testable in dreams.

What makes the arithmetic computations of my dream emerge as such a
multivalent fugue of inconsistencies, but makes all real world physics
emerge in precisely the opposite way - as a reliable and unified
context?

Study UDA, and you should grasp that it needs to be like that.

Why do all physical events have to formally occur but dream
events has no comparable formality?

Because they occur at a higher level, and this can be tested if you are lucid enough. If you are not, then you can't, but this is true for any theory. So, if you keep faith in comp, you can measure your degree of simulation, and if the test gives the comp-physics, then you have evidence that you are at the level zero. The comp level zero is quantum like, and the physical test gives evidence that this discussion occurs at that level.

I don't expect you to grasp this if you have not ruminate some time on the thought experiments, though.