Dear Stephen,

A thing that I often ask myself concerning MMH is  the question about
what is mathematical and what is not?. The set of real numbers is a
mathematical structure, but also the set of real numbers plus the
point (1,1) in the plane is. The set of randomly chosen numbers { 1,4
3,4,.34, 3}  is because it can be described with the same descriptive
language of math. But the first of these structures have properties
and the others do not. The first can be infinite but can be described
with a single equation while the last   must be described
extensively. . At least some random universes (the finite ones) can be
described extensively, with the tools of mathematics but they don´t
count in the intuitive sense as mathematical.

 What is usually considered  genuinely mathematical is any structure,
that can be described briefly. Also it must have good properties ,
operations, symmetries or isomorphisms with other structures so the
structure can be navigated and related with other structures and the
knowledge can be reused.   These structures have a low kolmogorov
complexity, so they can be "navigated" with low computing resources.

So the demand of computation in each living being forces to admit
 that  universes too random or too simple, wiith no lineal or
 discontinuous macroscopic laws have no  complex spatio-temporal
volutes (that may be the aspect of life as looked from outside of our
four-dimensional universe).  The macroscopic laws are the macroscopic
effects of the underlying mathematical structures with which our
universe is isomorphic (or identical).

And our very notion of what is intuitively considered mathematical:
"something  general simple and powerful enough"    has the hallmark of
scarcity of computation resources. (And absence of contradictions fits
in the notion of simplicity, because exception to rules have to be
memorized and dealt with extensively, one by one)

Perhaps not only is that way but even may be that  the absence of
contradictions ( the main rule of simplicity) or -in computationa
terms- the rule of  low kolmogorov complexity  _creates_ itself the
mathematics. That is, for example, may be that the boolean logic for
example, is what it is not because it is consistent simpleand it´s
beatiful,   but because it is the shortest logic in terms of the
lenght of the description of its operations, and this is the reason
because we perceive it as simple and beatiful and consistent.
.