On 3/6/2012 5:54 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
That specific retrodiction came from Bruno's hypothesis which is that universes are generated by computation. What is computable is much less than all mathematics.

This is not my hypothesis. It might be Fredkin or Schmidhuber hypothesis, but not mine. My hypothesis is the hypothesis that "I am a machine", which is ambiguous, so I put it in the form of "yes doctor", which means that there exist a level such that my consciousness remains unchanged for a digital functional substitution done at that level.

And then the reasoning shows that the physical universe(s), are not generated by any computation. Computations generated my consciousness, and the physical universe is what my consciousness can predict from the mixing of determinacy and 1-indterminacy in the UD* (or sigma_1 part of arithmetic).

If I had written universes are indirectly generated by computation, would that have reflected your view? The only catch I see is that you wrote "can predict" instead of "must predict". Are you allowing for some agency here?