On 3/14/2012 10:58 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Wow! OK then, we progress. I am glad that you agree that you will see something. That was unclear. But do you agree that you do know something, or at least that you can have "great" expectations, given the hypothesis, which we have to take as true for the sake of the argument, together with the default assumption. In particular, do you agree that you can bet that you will see either Washington, or Moscow (despite you are not able to determine the exact seeing, especially if you have never gone to W or to M. You can see that in this case, the two people in each city will think that they were right. The guy in W will say: confirmation: I predicted (W v M), I got W, so I was right. The guy in M will say: confirmation: I predicted (W v M); I got M, so I was right. Of course, in real life, you might end in Venice, and guess a pirate of Venice succeeded in eavesdropping the Helsinki->(W;M) channels. But again, it is part of the default assumption, for the sake of a valid theoretical deduction, that the protocol is 100% respected.

So, do you agree that you will see either Washington or Moscow, when read and cut in Helsinki and pasted at both W and M places? Do you agree with the "certain" bet: W v M?

I wonder how John would choose between two different duplication/transport booths: One that sent copies to Washington or Moscow and one which sent copies to Washington or the Moon?