On 20 Mar 2012, at 15:46, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Mar 20, 10:34 am, "Stephen P. King" <stephe...@charter.net> wrote:

Hi Craig,

I agree, it is sense or what the referent of the word sense is. My
point is that sense or whatever one designates it with is not the
primitive "stuff", it has a separate identity.

Right. To me it's pretty clear that numbers and names are only an
aspect of sense - ways for one form of sensemaking to make sense of
another.

I totally agree with this. It is even explainable in the comp theory, at the meta-level. This can be taken as a "diabolical" confirmation of comp: it explains why the machine cannot believe rationally that they are (consistent) machine, nor can the 1-I of the machine identify itself with any machine, so that for the numbers sense will extends far beyond the numbers.