Hi Evgenii,

You might also find Stephen Wolfram's work with cellular automate replete with examples of bifurcations and symmetry breaking. My thought was considering how to construct models of the behavior of bifurcating and symmetry breaking systems. I was thinking in second-order terms, as it where... Thus the use of statistics...

Onward!

Stephen

Look up the literature on catastrophe theory. There were many examples
of just these phenomena cooked up (particularly by Zimmerman IIRC)
some good, many not so good. I'm sure you should be able to find
something appropriate - maybe the appearance of Benard cells for
instance.

Cheers