On 02 Apr 2012, at 18:40, meekerdb wrote:

On 4/2/2012 9:14 AM, John Clark wrote:

> If Everett is right the probability must be derived from the statistics of measurements *as described by the wave evolution*.

If Everett is right then you can use the square of the absolute value of the Schrodinger Wave Equation to help you guess which branch you are in, he says it's the best guess you can make with the limited information you have at your disposal, it's not perfect but it's the best we can do. However if Everett is right everything that can happen to you will happen to you somewhere in some branch of the multiverse.

Except there is the same equivocation on "you" as in Bruno's transporter.

Exactly. Quentin has already done that remark, and it is a bit of a mystery that John seems to have no problem for the QM indeterminacy in Everett QM, and seems to have a problem in the comp classical frame.

As David points out, John Clark did understand step 3, at some point. I think this too. Then he seems unable to acknowledge it, and he comes back with his confusion between 3-view on 1-views and the 1-views themselves.