On 04 Apr 2012, at 20:45, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

2012/4/4 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be>

If any one else can help John K Clark to make his point, please help him. If some people believe, like I begin to believe, that John Clark only fake to not understand, and that I should abandon to try, please give your opinion, because I begin to feel like we are going in circle,

I think you should abandon. John Clark does not want to discuss, he suffers the "I am the best mind in the world, you moron" when in fact he has just shut down his own brain, it's pathetic.

It looks like that. Now, in my experience I have rarely met someone stopping at step 3, and arguing for that. Those who stop at step three usually consider that any text containing the word "consciousness" is crackpot and rarely try to argue. This makes John Clark rather exceptional. But then he does not succeed in explaining what he fails to understand, and its dismissive tone make me suspect that he might be psychologically stuck somehow. I still think he might get the "haha" at the seven step. I might still try a little bit. Feel free to comment his answer. I appreciate your short notes which are very often quite clear.

There has been another exception. A friend of mine took 4 years to get the point, and that he told me he would have prefer not to know! That reaction might suggest psychological difficulties, and looks similar to the reaction of many people after smoking Salvia. Fundamental science needs more courage than smartness, I think.

Bruno

always coming back with what I see as a confusion between the 3- views on the many 1-views of all doppelgangers, and the 1-views as lived individually by each doppelgangers, and which is on what the probability, asked before the experience begins, is asked. How can John not seen that difference? Is he only joking or what? Any idea?