On 11 Apr 2012, at 18:02, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

On 4/10/2012 11:08 PM, John wrote:

http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/2012/apr/10/mind-outside-head-consciousness/

It is a more extreme version of a view I have long held that
consciousness is relative to an external environment and without that
environment the the brain would devolve into loops or unconscious state.
But I don't see that Manzotti provides a very useful model of
imagination or dreams or recall of images by electrostimulation of the
brain. Those phenomena imply that the information is stored in the
brain. To say it's shared with an external process that happened years
before doesn't add anything; the sharing is via storage in the brain.

Brent

You may want to look at

Max Velmans
WHERE EXPERIENCES ARE: DUALIST, PHYSICALIST, ENACTIVE AND
REFLEXIVE ACCOUNTS OF PHENOMENAL CONSCIOUSNESS

http://cogprints.org/4891/

See there

Figure 3. A reflexive model of perception

I have not read the paper yet, I have found it just recently, but there is an interesting question there

"Is the brain in the world or the world in the brain?"

Similarly, is the brain in your head, or is your head in your brain?

If we are locally Turing emulable (comp) then worlds including brains and heads are relatively stable and persistent number's hallucination. They are extrapolations on such hallucinations.

And physical realities (sharable stabilities) should emerge from infinities of universal numbers competing to sustain the relative hallucination(s). (cf UDA).

It is a bit like the Indra Net, brains and local worlds are couple of universal numbers, and all universal numbers reflect dynamically all universal numbers.

If you remember the definition of universal numbers that I have given. For all this the "natural matrix" already exists in a tiny part of elementary arithmetic.

Bruno

Evgenii