Hi David,

I attach a comment by Victor Stenger on Lawrence Krauss's "A Universe
from Nothing".  You might also want to follow the link to David
Albert's critical review.  Is it meaningful to speak of a "nothing"
beyond the void of RQFT?  Or beyond the truths of arithmetic?

http://blog.talkingphilosophy.com/?p=4754&utm_source=philosophynws&utm_medium=facebook

Hmm... They are not aware of the mind body problem, and they take for granted a speculation on one universal number (and then Dawkins is glad because it is not theology.

You may be interested in today's BBC Radio 4 "In Our Time" with Melvyn
Bragg et al, which was about Neo-Platonism and Plotinus.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/iot/iot_20120419-1145a.mp3

That seems much more interesting :)

Best,