On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> Hmm... They are not aware of the mind body problem

Nor am I aware of any such problem. The hardest part of the mind body
"problem" is figuring out what the hell the problem is. The religious
demand a explanation of mind, by which they mean give a description of mind
in terms of something other than mind, as using a thing to define itself is
rather pointless; so scientists do so and explain mind in terms of X
(biological brains, electronic computers, abstract Turing Machines, and
other things that are not mind ), but when they do so the religious
complain "but X is not mind!". Well of course X is not mind, if they
explained mind in terms of mind then it would be a pretty silly
explanation, but fortunately they use things other than mind to explain how
mind works.

By the way I read Krauss's "A Universe from Nothing" a few weeks ago and
thought it was excelent.

  John K Clark