Hi Richard,

It seems to me, as the author vaguely admit implicitly in the conclusion that this is just a very nice argument for Everett many- worlds. It is weird that they don't make it explicit.

I read it very quickly, though. It looks very nice, but "philosophically" it oscillates between Copenhagen (the collapse is physical) and the still Copenhagen (post EPR), ASSA sort of bayesianism applied to the QM waves, instead of the RSSA relative states and "worlds", which needs to be used with comp ... ... and then not just on the "physical" quantum wave, but on the more gigantic "arithmetical truth seen from inside".

Interesting paper(http://lanl.arxiv.org/pdf/1111.3328v2.pdf), thanks. It can help those knowing QM to see that comp just extends Everett Many Worlds into Arithmetical Many (pieces of) Computations. You can see UDA that way.

This makes comp more problematical than usually thought (by materialist) because we have to extract the wave from a much more complex and deep reality. But there is a sort of algorithm provided by mathematical logic/computer science which gives quickly the machine's "big conceptual picture", analogous to UDA conclusion. The algorithm can be sum up by "running" an introspective simple Löbian machine (like Peano Arithmetic) locking inward, and describing what they can see and guess. That is technically possible as it has been pioneered by Gödel, Löb, many others up to Solovay who get the arithmetically complete G and G* (at the modal propositional level). Advantage: the split between G and G*, makes its intensional variants describing a general theory of qualia, among which the quanta are only the first person plural sharable part.

The mystic says that the Universe is in your Head.
I suggest to verify if the Universe is in the "Head" of the Universal Numbers. To be short.

Bruno