On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 3:07 AM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> I agree with that point.  But I also wanted to make the point that there
> is social concept of free will that has to do with responsibility, and it
> is compatible with different dualist, determinist, and non-deterministic
> concepts of will, "free" and otherwise.

Yes, and responsability is linked with punishment which in turn is linked
with learning and regulating behavior. It's all social.

It is revealing that when discussing free will, most examples are moral
situations. Very rarely free will is exemplified with choosing going to the
movies or going to the theather.

Ricardo.