On Tue, May 15, 2012  Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think Deep Blue makes any decisions or wins chess,

That's exactly what a sore looser would say after he'd been thoroughly
beaten by a opponent.  And so the last surviving member of the species Homo
Sapiens, 4 seconds before the Godlike computer sent it to oblivion forever,
turned to the Jupiter Brain and said "nevertheless I still think I'm
*really* smarter than you".

> it just [...]

But Kasparov's brain "just" did stuff too, only deep Blue's stuff worked
better.

> It is a filing cabinet of possible chess games that matches any
> particular supplied pattern to a designated outcome.

The observable universe is not large enough to contain a filing cabinet
full of all possible chess games.

> A programmer could easily change Deep Blue to lose every match or to
> command a robotic arm to smash it's CPUs.

And even I could beat Kasparov at chess if a robot or a surgeon first gave
Kasparov a brain lobotomy.

  John K Clark