On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> But a deterministic world, if rich enough to add and multiply, and
>> thus to contain universal internal observers,  leads already to
>> indeterminist first person realities (even without comp, although it
>> is simpler to use comp to justify this).
>
> If a wave washes one pile of sand onto another, thereby 'adding' them
> together, why does that generate universal internal observers?

I don't think you understood Bruno's original point, which was that
indeterminism (i.e. true randomness) emerges as a first person
phenomenon in a deterministic multiverse. There's no valid argument
that indeterminism is required for consciousness or decision-making,
but even if it were so, a rich enough deterministic world can still
provide it.

--
Stathis Papaioannou