On May 16, 2:39 am, Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> But a deterministic world, if rich enough to add and multiply, and
> >> thus to contain universal internal observers,  leads already to
> >> indeterminist first person realities (even without comp, although it
> >> is simpler to use comp to justify this).
>
> > If a wave washes one pile of sand onto another, thereby 'adding' them
> > together, why does that generate universal internal observers?
>
> I don't think you understood Bruno's original point, which was that
> indeterminism (i.e. true randomness) emerges as a first person
> phenomenon in a deterministic multiverse. There's no valid argument
> that indeterminism is required for consciousness or decision-making,
> but even if it were so, a rich enough deterministic world can still
> provide it.

I don't think you understand what I understand. Of course the
limitation of the 1p view excludes information relative to a 3p view,
but the reverse is true as well. Indeterminism emerges as a third
person phenomenon in that subjective privacy cannot be experienced
through it. Determinism emerges as both a first and third person
phenomenon in the form of sense. Motive or will (or 'energy' in third
person') emerges as an orthogonal category relative to determinism;
self-determination, which is the impulse and capacity to make the
indetermined determined. 'I am become will, the collapser of wave
functions.'

Craig

Craig