Alex,

One way I see of 'escaping' quantum immortality is to assume elements of
the simulation argument ( http://www.simulation-argument.com/ ) are
correct.  The simulation argument supposes that the computational capacity
of civilizations eventually reaches the point where they can run minds on
these new computational substrates.  Existing in a virtual reality provides
much greater freedom for possible experiences, as well as much greater
speeds.  Signals in electronic circuits are about 1,000,000 times faster
than the electrochemical signals of neurons.  Thus is may be feasible to
experience a 70-year life time in a little more than half an hour.  Members
of such advanced civilizations could experience who life times in the same
way we might watch an episode of a TV show.

Assuming this is physically possible, then it is very likely (somewhere in
the many branches) that it already has happened, somewhere.  If it has
happened, then it means we cannot know with certainty who we really are.
At any time we might wake up and find ourselves to be a future human, some
alien being, a god-like super mind, etc.  Much like a youtube video has
many viewers, your life may have many experiencers.  When it ends, it is
impossible to know who you might be.

Where this comes in regards to MWI immortality, is that even if ancestor
simulations make up a small percentage of the explanations for your present
moment of awareness, (let's say 2%), eventually I think these extensions
become more probable than continued survival via strange or unlikely MWI
possibilities.  Also, there are reasons to believe the percentage might
even be over 50%.  Consider that it is predicted by 2045, $1000 could buy a
computer a billion times more powerful than every human combined.  In a
short period of time, such a computer could generate more "human
experience" than all the humans who have ever lived biological lives.
(See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions_made_by_Ray_Kurzweil )

Jason