"You" only split when some quantum event gets amplified to make a macroscopic, i.e. quasi-classical, difference. Otherwise "Craig Weinberg" is a somewhat fuzzy operator projecting onto a lot of slight different, but classically equivalent, subspaces. When the "Craig Weinberg" on that subspace dies, he's dead. He doesn't get to become the Craig Weinberg that on a subspace that became orthogonal five years ago when that gamma ray caused him, in one subspace, to join the everything list.

Brent