On May 21, 10:47 am, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 20, 2012  PM Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Free means it is not imposed onto you. It is free because the choice was
> > made by you.
>
> I have no problem with that and I have no problem with the word "will"; its
> meaning is clear, people want to do some things and they don't want to do
> other things. On the other hand not only is it not clear if human beings
> have this thing called "free will" it's not even clear what the hell the
> term is supposed to mean.

In addition to approving of one presented option and disapproving of
another, free will allows us to nominate our own option for approval.

I don't see much of a difference between 'will' and 'free will'. They
are both colloquial terms that don't need to be put under a
microscope. Free will is used in philosophy and implies that one's
will provides a significant degree of influence of in shaping your
destiny or circumstances, as opposed to being put upon by circumstance
to determine your every thought, feeling, and action. It emphasizes
the liberating potential of voluntary personal effort.

Craig