On 5/21/2012 7:54 AM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

2012/5/21 Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net <mailto:stephe...@charter.net>>

    On 5/21/2012 1:55 AM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

        No it's not a computation, it arises because at every step,
        computations diverge into new sets of infinite computations,
        giving rise to the 1p indeterminacy.

     Hi Quentin,

       So could we agree that the idea that the universe is
    defined/determined ab initio ("in the beginning") is refuted by this?

I don't know what you mean here... but in comp the universe per se does not exist, it emerges from computations and is not an object by itself (independent of computations).

Dear Quentin,

My interest is philosophy so I am asking questions in an attempt to learn about peoples ideas. Now I am learning about yours. Your sentence here implies to me that only "objects" (considered as capable of being separate and isolated from all others) can "exist". Only "objects" exist and not, for example, processes. Is this correct?

~ Francis Bacon