2012/5/21 Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net>

>  On 5/21/2012 7:54 AM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:
>

> 2012/5/21 Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net>
>
>> On 5/21/2012 1:55 AM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:
>>
>>> No it's not a computation, it arises because at every step, computations
>>> diverge into new sets of infinite computations, giving rise to the 1p
>>> indeterminacy.
>>>
>>> Quentin
>>>
>>>   Hi Quentin,
>>
>>    So could we agree that the idea that the universe is
>> defined/determined ab initio ("in the beginning") is refuted by this?
>>

> I don't know what you mean here... but in comp the universe per se does
> not exist, it emerges from computations and is not an object by itself
> (independent of computations).
>

>  Dear Quentin,
>
>     My interest is philosophy so I am asking questions in an attempt to
> learn about peoples ideas. Now I am learning about yours. Your sentence
> here implies to me that only "objects" (considered as capable of being
> separate and isolated from all others) can "exist". Only "objects" exist
> and not, for example, processes. Is this correct?

No, it depends what you mean by existing. When I say "in comp the universe
per se does not exist", I mean it does not exist ontologically as it emerge
from computations. Existence means different thing at different level.

Does a table exist ? It depends at which level you describe it.

I still don't understand what you mean by "the idea that the universe is
defined/determined ab initio ("in the beginning") is refuted by this".

Regards,
Quentin