Hi Folks,

Lizr's resent post got me thinking again about the concept of a basis and reading the wiki article brought up a question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basis_%28linear_algebra%29

"In linear algebra <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_algebra>, a *basis* is a set of linearly independent <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_independence> vectors <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_space> that, in a linear combination <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_combination>, can represent every vector in a given vector space <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_space> or free module <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_module>, or, more simply put, which define a "coordinate system" /_*(as long as the basis is given a definite order*_/)."

The reference to that phrase that I have highlighted was unavailable, so I ask the resident scholars here for any comment on it.

--
Onward!

Stephen

~ Francis Bacon