On 5/24/2012 9:24 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
On May 24, 9:54 pm, meekerdb<meeke...@verizon.net>  wrote:
Now we (except for Craig) recognize that these properties can be found in
machines, like chess players or AI with learning.  They can be either
probabilistic (in
the inherent sense by having QM random number generators) or deterministic but
unpredictable simply because they are complex and learn from their experience.
I don't say that AI is without purpose, only that it is without it's
own purpose. AI is a prosthetic extension of human intelligence. A
learning AI has the purposes which have been programmed into it, but
it cannot develop it's own purposes and agendas.

And you are a NI that has been programmed by evolution.

A learning AI can
only learn what we let it learn. That isn't meaningful intelligence,
sentience, feeling, or agency. It's a pre-recorded logical algorithm
superimposed on a low level inorganic substrate.

And it's meaningful that you are attracted to women? That you find shit repulsive? That you find babies cute?

Brent

"Man can do what he wills but he cannot will what he wills."
   --- Schopenhauer