On Thu, May 24, 2012  Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  > My doing the nomination is the reason for the reasons.
>

And the reason for the reasons that you nominated in the way you did had a
reason or it did not.

> That doesn't necessarily mean that I wouldn't continue to enjoy free
> will.


Cannot comment, don't know what ASCII string "free will" means.

 > I have said from the start that we make determinations.
>

Good.


> > We make them with our free will.
>

I don't know what "free will" means but I do know that determinations are
determined, and it they are determined they are deterministic.


> > there is always the third answer when it comes to free will.
>

 Cannot comment, don't know what ASCII string "free will" means.

> It's like this. If you are the color yellow, and all yellow is you, then
> your universe will consist only of shades of blue and red. You can't see
> yourself so you say 'yellow is nonsense'.


I see. Perhaps I could summarize your above statement this way:

T was brillig, and the slithy toves
  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
      And the mome raths outgrabe.

> No, I actually have already unlocked the secrets of the universe. I could
> care less if anyone else knows it. I am sharing what I have found as a
> service to others who are interested.
>

That is remarkable, you really believe you are the first one to generate
reams of untestable self-contradictory useless downright silly words about
the "free will" noise.

> Why does the wiring of your brain want "you" to take credit for
> 'personally thinking'?
>

If there are reasons your brain is wired the way it is they are heredity
and environment, if there were no reasons then it was random.


> > I want you to admit that your reasons are your own


Why are they just my reasons? Other people (not you certainly) have used
those very same reasons, some used them before I did and some used them to
greater effect than I did.

>and not determined for you exclusively by foreign elements.
>

I admit that without hesitation, I admit that some things happen for no
reason, some things are random.


> >You are certainly deterministic in part, and you certainly have free
> will.
>

Cannot comment, don't know what ASCII string "free will" means.

> It may be the case that nothing is random in an absolute sense.
>

I doubt it but if true then everything is deterministic, although even then
you wouldn't know what you are going to do next until you do it, and the
only way to know what some Turing Machines will do is watch it and see.

> Don't you see that you are using free will right now?
>

No I don't see because I don't know what the ASCII string "free will" means
and neither do you.


>  >What do you mean by 'I don't want'?
>

I will take action to try to ensure that the event does not take place.

> What is the reason for I? What is the reason for want?
>

It doesn't matter what the reason is. If there really is a reason then it's
deterministic if there is no reason then it's random.

> am I a car?
>

No.


> > Reasons don't have me because they don't exist independently of
> experience.


And the reason a raindrop hit that specific spot on the ground is the
complex experiences it had falling from the cloud to the earth.

> My free will is their reason.


Cannot comment, don't know what ASCII string "free will" means.

>I buy you flowers and the reason for you getting flowers is my will to
> send them to you.


Yes, you sent me flowers because of your will, you wanted to send me
flowers and nothing prevented you from doing so thus you could act as your
will ordered you to do. As to the question as to why you wanted to send me
flowers, why your will was in that state it was in, there was a reason for
that or there was not.

They were beautiful by the way, thank you.

> The reason is my free will.


 Then whatever "free will" is it's deterministic.

> We are discussing free will. Which is the sole purpose of your
> consciousness.


I don't know what the "purpose of your consciousness" is even supposed to
mean, and I never knew what "free will" meant, so your statement is
gibberish squared.


> > So you don't deny that I am absolutely right.
>

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less. Only a clear coherent
non-contradictory idea can be right or wrong, you are neither.

  John K Clark

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.

Reply via email to