Gravity and Vacuum.
=.
Einstein was mistaken using his Gravitation theory
to the all Universe as a whole.
The Gravitation theory doesn’t work in the Universe as a whole.
The Gravitation theory is a local theory.
Why?
 Because the detected material mass of the  matter in the
Universe ( the cosmological constant / the critical density)
is so small ( the average density of all substance in the
Universe is approximately p=10^-30 g/sm^3 ) that it
cannot  ‘close’ the Universe into sphere and  therefore our
Universe as whole must be  ‘open’, endless, infinite.
The Universe as a whole is an Infinite Pure Vacuum: T=0K.
More concrete:
§ 1.  Vacuum: T= 0K, E= ∞ , p = 0, t =∞ .
=.
Another  argument:
One postulate of SRT says: the speed of quantum
of light in a Vacuum is a constant ( c= 299,792,458 km/ sec =1,
 Michelson-Morley experiment ).
In this movement quantum of light doesn’t have time.
The time is ‘stopped ‘ for him.
But this is possible only if his  reference frame – vacuum -
also doesn’t have time. It means that the reference frame –
 Vacuum is an Eternal Continuum.
=..
One more argument.
According to QED when electron interacts with
 vacuum its parameters becomes infinite.
 This is possible only when Vacuum itself is an Infinite Continuum.
3.
The  Infinity appears in many physical and mathematical problems.
Physicists don’t know that to do with ‘ infinite’ and therefore
we can read:
 Infinity is the cause of the crisis in Physics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity
4,
‘ A world without masses, without electrons, without an
electromagnetic field is an empty world. Such an empty
 world is flat. But if masses appear, if charged particles
appear, if an electromagnetic field appears then our world
becomes curved. Its geometry is Riemannian, that is,
 non- Euclidian.’
/ Book ‘Albert Einstein’  The page 116 . by Leopold Infeld. /

It means:
a).
‘A world without masses, without electrons, without an
electromagnetic field is an empty world. Such an empty
 world is flat.’ – it is a Vacuum World.
b).
‘But if masses appear, if charged particles
appear, if an electromagnetic field appears ‘ -
/ - in the flat vacuum - , /
‘ then our world becomes curved. Its geometry is Riemannian,
that is, non- Euclidian.’ –  it is Material World of our stars and
planets.
c).
We have two (2) Worlds: Vacuum and Material and we need
to understand their interaction.
==.
  All the best.
Israel  Sadovnik  Socratus