On May 27, 1:44 pm, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2012  Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Now you claim not to understand either words will or free? How could you
> > know whether it's circular or not when you claim not to understand either
> > term? When that power to decide is taken away by a cage, what has been
> > lost? How do you know what I know? Are you telepathic?
>
> You believe that one of the many self-contradictory attributes that this
> thing called "free will" gives people is the ability to do things for no
> reason

Did I ever once say that free will means acting for no reason? I only
say that reason is irrelevant and cannot explain the fact that there
is a difference between freely exercising your will and being a
impotent spectator held hostage in your own mind.

> and you think that is wonderful, so it's surprising you should ask
> so many questions about what CAUSED me to write what I wrote.

I'm not asking what caused you to write, I'm asking why you caused
that to be written.

> > I'm doing a radio show on Tuesday.
>
> You arn't the first and won't be the last to peddle gibberish on the radio.

I'm not selling anything so I can't really be peddling.

> > You can't choose whether to choose to take my word or not, you have no
> > free will. You are a puppet of any force that happens to run across the
> > algorithm that you are. it wasn't you who was making a choice. The reason
> > made the choice and it made you believe you made it.
>
> So now you have discovered a new thing you can talk about on your radio
> show:  if  Craig Weinberg finds that a particular fact about the universe
> is unpleasant to him then that fact can not be true.

I could just talk about them as if they weren't facts and pretend I
don't understand their meaning instead, like some other people.

> > your brain is wired to support free will.
>
> Cannot comment, don't know what ASCII string "free will" means and neither
> do you.

See previous.

> > Free will doesn't have to determine everything in the universe, just
> > determining how my brain operates the voluntary muscles of my body is
> > enough.
>
> Cannot comment, don't know what ASCII string "free will" means and neither
> do you.

See previous.

Craig