I have an idea which reconfigures the concepts of Boltzmann’s entropy curve
as follows:

<http://blogs.discovermaga>Background:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/2006/08/01/boltzmanns-anthropic-brain/

Boltzmann’s  idea, as I understand it, is to explain Loschmidt’s Paradox,
which  (also as I understand it) is basically “If the universe is always
increasing from low entropy to high entropy, then where did the initial
low entropy come from?”

Boltzmann’s hypothesis places the low  entropy we know as the Big Bang as
just one of many statistically  inevitable fluctuations of entropy
distribution. It’s a bubble or wave  of non-disorder that we find ourselves
in anthropically (because such a  bubble is the only context that a low
entropy phenomenon like human  minds could evolve within). Other
possibilities include a Big Crunch  type negentropy that accounts for the
entropy trough that must precede  any entropy rise.

What I suggest is a bottomless low entropy,  such that the one event in
which any negentropy at all occurs would  automatically be the singularity
into which all subsequent fluctuations  would be swept. Sort of like a
black hole for negentropy, hogging all  possible signals for all time,
banishing any rival Multiverse  possibility to perpetual delay.

What  this does is place Boltzmann himself, his statistical rules, and
their  physical enactments all within the anthropic condition in which they
are  possible. Statistical rules, and their underlying sense of
possibility,  probability, events, succession, recursion, regularity,
comparison,  persistence, etc can only be universal if every part of the
universe  makes some kind of sense - i.e. has some piece of this infinite
negentropy.

Entropy then becomes a property like velocity,  (which ranges from
stillness to c), a fraction of a totality rather than  an open ended scalar
quantity. Entropy is a relative measure which has  meaning only in relation
to significance, such that anything less than  100% entropy has some
quantity of absolute significance  (Totality-Singularity = 0.000…1% entropy)

This way, the Big  Bang becomes a perpetually receding event horizon of
absolute and  eternal negentropy - a Borg-like ‘bright whole’ which
tyrannically  absorbs and subordinates all potentials and possibilities
into a single  continuum-schema. This continuum must accommodate all
paradoxes which  amounts to a lot of fancy plate spinning and
superposition, using  devices like nesting outer and inner realism within
each other on  multiple interrelated yet mutually isolated layers or
castes. These  devices accomplish what I call the Big Diffraction.