Hi meekerdb

Leibniz seems to be the first philosopher (and one of the few) to discuss the
unconscious, which was necessary, since like God (or some Cosmic intelligence),
it is an
integral part of his metaphysical system.

In Leibniz's metaphysics, the lowest or "bare naked" monads (as in rocks) are
unconscious bodies.
Leibniz ways that they are very drowsy or asleep. They lie in darkness.

Animals can feel but not think. Man has conscious thought, feelings, and body
intelligence.
And these are non-local (universal), since they (the entire universe) are
reflected in man's perceptions,
which are only given to us indirectly, since substances cannot act on one
another.

This suggest a possible mechanism of myth construction, since all of
man's unconscious thoughts are nonlocal, although to a limited extent.

These perceptions (including possibly elepathy) however are limited in scope in
man,
since they may be darkened by ignorance and lack of intgelligence and
are always distorted to some exxtent. Only the supreme monad has
perfect vision of everything. Knows all. Does all.

Roger , rclo...@verizon.net
8/11/2012