On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 03:52:29PM +0200, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> I was of course *not* saying that all parts of the brain are
> conscious, to be clear, only big one and structurally connected.
>
> Bruno

Thanks for this clarification. And to be sure, the split brain example
shows that conscousiousness within a brain need not be unified.

I still think that the vast bulk of brain processes are unconscious,
though. That was the original bone of contention. But I am not a
neuroscientist - others may know better.