On 8/12/2012 2:13 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:
On 8/12/2012 10:47 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 12 Aug 2012, at 14:28, Roger wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal
As before, there is the natural, undeniable dualism between brain and mind:
brain   objective and modular
mind   subjective and unitary

OK. You can even say:
brain/body:   objective and doubtable
soul/consciousness: subjective and undoubtable

The brain can be discussed, the mind can only be experienced.

Exactly. I would say the soul, as the mind can be discussed in theories, but the soul is much more complex. We can discuss it through strong assumption like mechanism.

I  believe that the only subjective and unitary item in the universe
is the monad.  It is the eye of the universe, although for us we
can only perceive indirectly.

I am open to this. The monad would be the "center of the wheel", or the fixed point of the doubting consciousness.

By Leibniz' definition, a monad would be the entire consciousness, the "ego" of "i" or "self" of the monad would be the fixed point.

What I wrote was incorrect. The monad is defined by the closure on the topological space that is dual to the Boolean algebra representing the consciousness. The "I" is the fixed point that is defined in this closure.

--
Onward!

Stephen

~ Francis Bacon