On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Roger <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> > 1) I can experiencre redness (a qualitative property) while computers
> cannot,

Computers can distinguish between red and blue just like you can. And I
know that I can but I have no direct evidence that either you or a computer
can experience anything at all.

> all they can know are 0s and 1s.

And your post was just a sequence of 0s and 1s sent to my computer, and the
only relationship your parents gave you involved a rather long (about 3.2
billion) sequence of nucleotides.

> But one cannot tell other than by tasting it if a wine is truly a good
> vintage or not.

Early chemists analyzes substances by tasting them, later they found safer
more accurate ways of doing the same thing.

> A computer can't do that.

Sure it can.

>  > And any creative act comes out of the blue if it is truly creative

People don't fully understand how their mind works and computer's don't
know if the program they're running will ever stop.

  John K Clark