From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-17, 15:29:17
Subject: Re: Earthquakes

On 8/17/2012 1:49 PM, Roger wrote:

Hi Stephen P. King

The possible only exists in this world given enough time.

HI Roger,

    I would say that the possible is only expressed and/or actualize in the
physical worlds, but it itself must be eternally prior to all expressions.

That is one practical argument against the creation of life in a deterministic
world.

    I disagree, if only because determinism is only approximate and never
absolute. The computational resources required by a Laplacean demon are
infinite even if we assume a purely Newtonian universe (which we know that we
do not exist in).

Some say 19 billion years of random constructions isn't enough.

    Random constructions can only be ergodic. Do not neglect the role of
selection that self-reproducing systems engender. This is the concept that
creationists ignore to their peril.

Roger , rclo...@verizon.net
8/17/2012
could function."