From: Evgenii Rudnyi
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-20, 14:25:52
Subject: Neurolaw

I have listened to Philosophy of Science: Bolinda Beginner Guides by
Geoffrey Gorham. The author has mentioned about a new discipline,
neurolaw and I believe that could be useful for the ongoing discussion
on the free will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurolaw

"Neurolaw is an emerging field of interdisciplinary study that explores
the effects of discoveries in neuroscience on legal rules and standards.
Drawing from neuroscience, philosophy, social psychology, cognitive
neuroscience, and criminology, neurolaw practitioners seek to address
not only the descriptive and predictive issues of how neuroscience is
and will be used in the legal system, but also the normative issues of
how neuroscience should and should not be used. The most prominent
questions that have emerged from this exploration are as follows: To
what extent can a tumor or brain injury alleviate criminal punishment?
Can sentencing or rehabilitation regulations be influenced by
neuroscience? Who is permitted access to images of a person? brain?
Neuroscience is beginning to address these questions in its effort to
understand human behavior, and will potentially shape future aspects of
legal processes."

Evgenii
--

Geoffrey Gorham: Philosophy of Science